Chances are, if you’re a Ledbetter follower, you’re always looking for ways to add healthy flavor to chicken breasts. But forget boring ketchup and overwhelming spices…what better way to do it than to add a low carb, nutritious spinach and artichoke sauce? This Spinach and Artichoke Chicken, with only 250 calories and 6 grams of carbs, is like your favorite chain restaurant appetizer on healthy, high protein steroids. So what we mean to say is that you need this in your life.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts: (1/4 recipe involving 4 ounces of cooked chicken) 254 calories, 8 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbohydrates, 35 grams of protein.
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large raw chicken breasts (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt cream cheese (or reduced fat) softened and diced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 3 cups (2 large handfuls) spinach
- 200 grams (1 cup) artichoke hearts canned in water, chopped
- Slice chicken breasts in half length wise to make 4 thin breasts. Season with salt and pepper on each side
- Heat a skillet to medium and spray with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until beautifully golden.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add garlic, broth, cream cheese and parmesan. Stir well to break up the cream cheese and smooth out the sauce - about 5 minutes. For a super smooth sauce (like the one shown), add mixture to a blender and place back in the pan.
- Add your spinach and artichoke hearts, and cook until spinach has wilted.
- Add chicken back to the pan until heated through, and serve! This is great over top of spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice.
Recipe Developer & Food Blogger.