Salted Caramel Apple Snickerdoodle Cake
This cake is plenty moist, dense, and full of delicious fall flavors. Top it with some of low-calorie ice cream and you've basically got the best dessert that doesn't need pumpkin. Add pumpkin to it, and I can't even imagine how many people would go knocking on your front door!
Calories: 160 (per slice)
Macros: Protein: 13 grams; Carbs: 21 grams; Fat: 3 grams.
4 scoops (124 grams) PeScience snickerdoodle protein powder,
- 1/2 cup oats,
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour,
- 2 tablespoons granulated stevia,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 tablespoon Walden Farms caramel syrup (plus more for drizzling)
- 4 tablespoons cane syrup,
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites,
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce (1/2 cup),
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted,
- 1 cup So Delicious unsweetened and vanilla cashew milk,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 2 large Honey crisp apple (400 grams) finely diced and sliced - you could combine them into the cake or add them on top as I did. Both ways are delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine protein powder, oats, flour, stevia and salt in a bowl with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients excluding the apples.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, and stir to combine, but do not over mix.
- Add apples to the mixture or add sliced ones to the top.
- Spray a 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray, and add batter to the pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, being sure not to over bake. The cake will be done when it is firm to touch!
- Remove from oven, let it cool, and slice into 9 even squares.
- Drizzle with syrup before serving, and enjoy!
Recipe Developer & Food Blogger.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.